Berlin / DevOps Backend Engineer (m/w/d) / sofort / Nr. 4814
Für unseren Kunden in Berlin suchen wir ab sofort zur Festanstellung einen
DevOps Backend Engineer (m/w/d)
As a member of the product delivery squad, you will be responsible for our current infrastructure, and the definition of our new infrastructure. Our backend service is hosted on AWS and currently managed with Ansible; our biggest ongoing project is migrating all stateless pieces of the infrastructure to Kubernetes. We are responsible for making it possible for anyone to self-host our backend — including tricky cases like “bare metal, closed network, no AWS allowed, firewalls everywhere”.
You will have some involvement with the old infrastructure, but mainly you will be building the new one. Many of our customers already run our backend on Kubernetes — we will need your help to take this to the next level and help our customers set up their own environments!
The backend itself is written in Haskell. We have several services that handle registrations and logins, push messages via WebSockets, send out emails, upload pictures to S3, protect users’ privacy by proxying requests to Spotify/YouTube/Giphy, and more. You can expect to spend 20% of your time working with Haskell — investigating and fixing bugs, hunting down memory leaks, and contributing to our custom tools.
– Deploy and run our services:
In the cloud (currently we use AWS and Hetzner but some customers use different cloud solutions)
On bare metal (both for our test clusters and our customers)
– Automate our infrastructure deployment and management (using ansible, terraform, or other), together with other in-house developed tools; we are migrating to Kubernetes though so experience there is highly valued!
– Help our customers with potential issues while running our solution in their environment
– Manage our Cassandra/ElasticSearch clusters
– Ensure continuous service availability (or close to it!)
– Work on Open Source code
– You have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
– You’re enthusiastic about designing, building, and running distributed and scalable systems
– You have experience with AWS (or other cloud providers), Deployments on bare-metal a huge plus!
– You enjoy automating and documenting yourself away
– You’re curious about strongly typed functional languages is another big plus!
– You feel comfortable with Unix/Linux environments, including the ability to analyze and troubleshoot potential networking issues
– You’re familiar with containerization technologies
Bei Interesse senden Sie uns bitte Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen mit Angabe Ihres frühestmöglichen Eintrittstermins und Ihrer Gehaltsvorstellung an firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wir melden uns schnellstmöglich mit weiteren Details bei Ihnen.